Thursday, September 27, 2007

Doing Thing 4 in the Rondo N'hood

Stopped by the Rondo Community Outreach Library to do Thing 4. The north east corner is a wonderful spot with easy chairs a fireplace, some table and electrical outlets so you can plug in your laptop and cruise the internet from the library. On the door on the way in the sign says "Free English Classes for Adults". This library has a whole computer lab and there are usually people waiting on the side walk for it to open. At the computers there were young people helping some elders negotiate the internet. This is a wonderful place where people from all over the world come to learn. The man at the table behind me is using headphones to listen to information on a Khmer web site.
While I was on line here I went to the More for 4 and began to catalog my home library on line. I want to show this feature to my wife, I think it will be a great way for here to catalog her library.
Signing out from the Rondo N'hood.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Don't you just love that place? I reflect on what public libraries used to be like back in the day, and can't believe we've come so far in a few short years. They are becoming a center not only for learning, but also for socializing. Coffee in the library? What a concept.

Anonymous said...

Rondo is a terrific library. Their "SWAMP" homework center is hopping most days, too, and they do a great job responding to the patrons' requests and needs. And I think it would be great to live above a library!

lyoder said...

I am amazed at how busy any public library is anytime I visit- in contrast to the ideas about libraries being dark ages places, their business is booming! So, how can we make this happen in the school LMCs?

Leslie