Saturday, November 10, 2007

Thang 6 and Thang 7

I've just finished my first good look at the research calculator and the teacher guide. Wow!! As a science teacher I have always complained that we were expected to teach students how to inquire, but that I had never had a course on that myself. Well, here it is. What I would love to do is take the RPC and tweek it to make it more applicable to doing scientific research, where you are actually doing a laboratory experiment as part of your research. That would be awesome. I downloaded some pdf files to look at to see how to begin to use this in my class. I thought the teacher's guide about how to develop good research topics was really helpful. I know I have had some bad topics in the past and the results from the students have been equally bad. The RPC could be a whole class in itself called Research 101. Now I've got to figure out how to jump in.

No comments: