Thursday, February 21, 2008

Using power point

My student teacher is planning on using power point instead of the black board or an overhead for his classroom teaching. I have questions about that because power point is very passive. It is prepared and there isn't any way to engage the students interactively and write down notes of that interaction. My wife suggested using something like word as a way to do this, but in chemistry trying to type out chemical reactions in real time is very difficult because of subscripts used in chemical formulas. So, my question is, does anyone have any suggestions of how to use the laptop and LCD projector in an interactive way with students where you can record that interaction?

1 comment:

Karen said...

I can't remember all the details, but someone told Janet Knoll about a "fake" smartboard that can be made from a few simple things --without that recording capability. You may want to ask her about it.

But now that I look back at your post, it's what you are looking for. I'll think on that and try to find you some info . . .