Sunday, December 9, 2007

Thang 11 goooogle

Exploring google was fun and exasperating. I worked really hard to try and create my own customized search engine but could never get it to work. I tried to create one using two data sources I was familiar with, but every time I then went to try it by trying to find something that I knew should have been there, it found nothing. I don't know what I was doing wrong. Google earth was interesting. In Google for educators the contest for students to write code looked like something my son might be interested in. I also had fun with the timeline feature in history. At school we are starting to use google groups for discussions. So I am now part of a google group where our Techonology Advisory Group discusses and I am part of a google group that the entire school can use to discuss a proposed schedule change for next year. It feels like an efficient way to discuss a topic.

1 comment:

Janet Knoll said...

I haven't yet tried the Google customized search engine, but I'm hoping I can get to it today. It sounds intriguing, if it works... I'm pleased that we're doing groups for TAG and scheduling and I look forward to seeing how it works out. -Janet