Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thang 13

To get my students started on their research project we spent some time looking at the two subscription data bases sirs researcher and proquest. Since they are doing an essay where they need to evaluate pros and cons and chose a position, sirs researcher was right on the money with its section which discusses the pros and cons of an issue. The students checked out this section and I showed them the section where "my analysis" actually takes them through the thinking process they should use in making a decision on a position. We looked more briefly at proquest, but I did want to show them the resource and how you can focus on a time period in the newspapers in proquest. The students really did seem attentive and now I will just have to see if they make good use of the resources.

1 comment:

Janet Knoll said...

This is really exciting, and I hope you'll keep us all posted on the progress of the research projects. It's something that would ultimately be very good for the rest of the HP staff to know, also. -Janet